Sunday 30 October 2011

Mark Making


When creating these mark making experiments I used a range of different materials to create various textures and effects. Whilst doing this I built on the skills that I learnt from the LIFT project that being that art doesn’t have to be about painting with something as conventional as a paint brush. And this allowed me to push boundaries and explore alternative techniques of painting.




Here i used a range of mark making materials to create different effects .in this particular image i used a shoe cleaning brush to create a Somewhat blurred effect, as painted this picture from my own experience of Lanzarote where I was looking out side the window I wanted to create that effect where your driving past something so fast it all blurs in to each other. In the image next to I began using a toy car to draw the outline then used a comb to slowly scrape on the paint like the effect it created as it is almost like n etching where u see the paint but it is I divided by small thin white lines.





In this picture I as also experimenting with painting with a comb I also looked at using bottle caps to create a circular print. I like the texture that remains as it is layered with thick paint with ripples on top that slowly harden creating glossy wrinkles.









Mark making experiments:











2 comments:

  1. Hey, I really love your presentation skills of the blog, it looks very professional, and neat ad tidy, I also love the way you have linked your career progression with your background. I would also like to see more detailed annotations with your experiments. GOOD WORK, KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, you havent documented your gallery visits apart from that, good work

    ReplyDelete